Region 13 ESC Online Compliance Training Videos. Walsh Gallegos attorneys recently teamed up with the Region 13 ESC to develop a series on online compliance training videos. The videos cover the following topics:
- Section 504
- Child Abuse & Neglect: Identification, Prevention & the Duty to Report
- Bullying: Legal Issues and Practical Strategies
- The Critical Role of Schools in the Prevention of Youth Suicide
- Understanding FERPA
- Using Copyrighted Works & Protecting Confidentiality of Student Information
- The Essentials of Sexual Harassment in Public Schools
If you would like more information on pricing and ordering please click here for the flyer.
Student Voices: A Conversation about Education: High School seniors are invited to be part of the student panel and scholarship program at the 2016 Winter Governance and Legal Seminar, February 25-27, 2016 in Corpus Christi. Four students will share personal stories about their experiences in Texas public schools. The selected students will each receive a $1,000 scholarship.
Walsh Gallegos is excited to be a sponsor of the panel and scholarship as part of the TASB Partners program. The deadline to apply is January 20, 2016. Visit https://www.tasb.org/Services/Leadership-Team-Services/Events/Winter-Governance-and-Legal-Seminar.aspx to learn more.
Remaining Audio Conferences in 2015. All conferences start at 10:00.
- November 10 - Elizabeth Neally and Leandra Ortiz will be presenting “All in the Family: Dealing with Family Law Issues that Impact School Districts.”
- December 2 - Denise Hays and Charlotte Salter will be presenting "The Hard ARD and How to Handle It"
Jim Walsh at Region 10 ESC. Jim Walsh recently completed his annual Back to School Workshops for the 2015-2016 school year. The video below of Jim was recorded at Region 10 ESC and gives you a quick overview of the hot topics that schools are facing this year. Watch the video.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE LAW FIRM: Contact Diana Stangl at 512-454-6864 at the firm's principal office in Austin, Texas.